Monday, January 5, 2009

Break is over

I am so sad Christmas Break is over. 
There is nothing I love more than being together as a family 24/7.  The kids are bummed about going back too (except that they get to see all of their friends in one place)! I am sitting here typing this at 6:30 a.m.  because I always get up before the kids get up to have some time for this kind of stuff. I check email, facebook, etc. I usually make coffee and enjoy the beautiful sunrise out of my kitchen window. I wake the kids at 7 and they are out the door by 7:38.  
We had such an AWESOME break! We actually got to spend more than 2 days n Ohio (4 full days) and saw 2 family movies at the theater. Although Marley & Me should have been rated PG-13 not PG (Do not take young children).  We watched a lot of football on TV, painted 2 rooms in the house, de-cluttered, went bowling, built forts, watched the kids put on a "show" that they created, had lots of family movie nights at home, played the Wii, went to friends' houses for get-togethers and NO ONE was SICK the WHOLE time!!!!!!!! 
Part of the attraction with Frank's job is that when the kids are on break, so is he.  He did some work over break but his schools are all closed so he did it from the basement! We are so blessed that Frank is able to be home and we know that.  It just makes it sad when break is over and the kids have to go back to the reality of school, soccer, dance.......I have to wake them in 8 minutes so I am signing off!
Enjoy the New Year!

No comments: