New Year's Eve was fun!
After an afternoon of bowling with 2 other families, dinner and then to a family party at a different friends house...we woke to a lazy day ahead. Frank & Peter didn't know what to do with themselves because the Michigan State bowl game AND the Winter Classic hockey game (Red Wings and Blackhawks playing at Wrigley Field) were on at the same time. They taped the MSU game & watched it later...they lost :( I met a friend for lunch and did a few returns. It was nice to take a break from painting.
Speaking of painting...I have turned over a new leaf. The purging leaf. I have always been the sentimental type and hung onto anything & everything that meant something. Sounds realisticright? But I am talking - I saved EVERY single paper the kids brought home from school. Seeing that Peter had 3 years of preschool and is now in 4th grade that gave me 3 full tubs for him and 2 for Allie of "STUFF." I have also saved every thing my mom has ever given me (knowing how hard she worked to afford the item, etc.) or my grandma or grandpa ever gave me. I have all of the letters Frank ever wrote to me, etc.. you get the picture.
Well, guess what...I am simplifying my life! We moved some rooms around upstairs and in the process donated 4 truckloads of toys, extra bedding, lamps, nick-nacks, pillows, out-of-date Christmas decorations, etc. to GoodWill. In addition to what we donated, we also threw away several garbage bags of broken butterfly wings (for dress up), toys with missing pieces, broken toys, etc.
We shipped some toys of to Bellie and have a lot to give away to friends locally. It has taken 5 days but has been so well worth it. The storage room is clutter free, the play room is filled with very little, and we are off to a great 2009. I bawled my eyes out donating Rescue Heroes and Allie's baby dolls but realized that Pete & Al are growing up. Maybe it was just hard to let go of the fact that my babies aren't babies anymore. But soon, I will need to make room for middle school things.... okay I still have some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment